Monday, 21 November 2016

Mr Robin

Hello everyone, another Christmas card from me today. I have used the spare piece of kraft card left over from my previous project to create the background for this card. I sprinkled Brushos onto the original piece of kraft card, spritzed it with water, and used this piece of card to blot up the excess water and colour, giving me the extra background to play with. I stamped the holly sprigs from the Holly Script stamp set over the background using Peeled Paint Distress Ink, and then edged the piece of card with the same ink.

I stamped and embossed Mr Robin using Versamark and Wow white embossing powder, before colouring the image with Brushos and a waterbrush. I also edged this piece of card with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. To finish, I added some lovely red satin ribbon, and a green card to mat the background.

These dull days are making it difficult to photograph my projects, it is so rainy at the moment. By the time you read this I will be in sunnier climes. I hope that you are keeping warm! Thanks for stopping by, xx

Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Brusho Poinsettia

Hello everyone, today sees the start of a brand new challenge over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog. We have some spicy new colours for you ro create your projects with, and the Design Team girls have created some fabulous inspiration which you can check out over on the blog through the coming weeks. I have a card to share with you today as part of that inspiration.

I stamped the Poinsettia Script stamp using Versamark and white embossing powder onto a piece of kraft card. I have had this stamp in my stash for such a long time that it is wood mounted, and it is like geting out an old friend whenever I use the stamp. I coloured the image using Brushos and a water brush. It is the first time that I have used Brushos with this image, and it looks so pretty.

I sprinkled the same colours of Brusho onto a larger piece of kraft card, and spritzed it with water, then blotted it with a spare piece of card. (I will use this piece of card for another project). I dried the card with a heat gun, and added a piece of brown ribbon to the background before assembling the card, matting both layers onto dark brown card.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Gelli Florals

Hello everyone, we are sharing more Fifteen Minute Cards over on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog today. The Design Team have created a stunning collection of cards to share with you, and I have added a couple of quick cards to the post.

I created a couple of gelli plate backgrounds using the 6" x 6" gelli plate. I used a brayer and two colours of Distress Inks to cover the plate, and then used some small hand held palm stampers to create patterns on the gelli plate. By stamping on one area of colour first and then stamping onto the second area, I transferred the colour across between each area of colour, which created great patterns.

For the first card, I stamped the image from the Floral Notes stamp set and sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set straight onto the card using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and then simply added detail with coloured pencils. I adhered the background to the card blank and added some tiny flat-backed pearls.

For the second card, I die cut two ovals, and coloured them slightly with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink while the die was still in place, creating a white border around the edge of the die cut. I stamped the image and sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and coloured the image with pencils as before. I attached the die cuts to the card, and added more flat-backed pearls to match.

These pretty cards could be made in a range of colours and for lots of occasions. They were really quick to make, and could be made in batches when you have your gelli plate out.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

Thursday, 10 November 2016

Mixed Bunch

Hello everyone, I have some projects to show you using the new Floral Notes stamp set, which were quick and easy to make. If like me, you are short of time, hopefully these might provide you with some inspiration.

For my first project, I have creatd a quick gelli plate background, using a brayer and Shabby Shutters and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks, to cover the gelli plate, then pressed a piece of bubble wrap onto the plate to create an overall pattern. I removed the bubble wrap and then laid the pre-cut card onto the gelli plate, smoothing it evenly, to ensure that I had a good coverage of ink across the card.

I stamped the flower image and sentiment onto the card, using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and then coloured the image using  Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencils. I added a strip of toning ribbon to the background, and adhered the background to a white card blank.
For my second project, I used some left over fabric from some journal pages that I had previously made. The fabric had been coloured with Distress re-inkers. I stamped the image and sentiment onto the fabric using Jet Black Archival Ink. I frayed the edges of the fabric and used some iron on interfacing to attach the fabric to a cheap little notebook that I had in my stash. I added some lace, toning ribbon and a little wooden button to complete the design.
This was a very cheap project to make, but will make a great little stocking filler present for someone. I know that I love notebooks, and have a large collection of them, and I'm sure that you know of plenty of people who might like something like this as a Christmas present. You could make a collection of them in no time at all, and keep one or two for yourself!

Thanks for stopping by, xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...