Followers

Saturday 14 September 2019

Tall Houses

Hello everyone, I am sharing a few projects today showcasing the beautiful stamps that we shared on last month's TV shows on Hochanda. These lovely house stamps designed by Sue Page were such a delight to work with, and demonstrate, as always, Sue's eye for detail and her talent as a designer. We celebrated Sue's wonderful work during these shows, and she will be sadly missed. Her artwork will continue to be appreciated through your projects and creativity.

My first project is a colourful street created using the Dutch House stamp set. I stamped the image several times, masking the image to enable me to add the subsequent images slightly behind the first central image. I also added some background foliage by stamping a tree from Trees A Crowd. I coloured the background using Distress Ink, then set to colouring the houses with Polychromos pencils.

For my second project, I stamped the Bridge House onto a piece of scrapbook paper using Archival Ink, and coloured it with pencils once again. I stamped foliage from Silhouette Grasses onto an Acrylic Tag using Plum and Olive Archival Ink and allowed this to dry completely. I covered the paper with Matte Medium and stuck it to the tag.

My final project was a TV demo, showing how to create a project with just three colours. I used some Koh-I-Noor acrylic paints to splatter across a piece of kraft card to create a very quick background. I then stamped the Turret House onto a piece of watercolour paper and coloured the image using the same three colours of paint; red, blue and yellow, mixing them to create orange, purple, brown and grey, by simply adding a little bit of one of the colours each time.



Thanks for stopping by, xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...