Followers

Saturday 27 March 2021

Really Useful Cards

Hello everyone, I wanted to show you some really useful ideas for cards. We often need a card in a hurry, and need to rustle up some thing in next to no time. Lots of these cards could be made in different colour options, you could make a set of them and give them as a gift to someone.

My first two cards were made using textured linen card, and I blended three colours of Distress Ink over the background first. I used a circle mask to create a sun in the sky. I then stamped the foliage from Eastern Grasses across the top using Versafine Clair ink in a couple of colours. I used first and second generation stamping to create a bit of depth. I added a sentiment from the stamp set using the same inks as before.


 You could make lots of these and just choose your favourite colours, they are quite quick to make, just vary the sentiment to suit the occasion.

I have left the sentiment off the next card, it could be used for any occasion. I chose a large bloom from Fresh Florals and inked it up with two different colours of red Versafine Clair. I stamped the image randomly over a piece of kraft card to create a background. I stmped the poppy image onto an oval of drawing cartridge and coloured the image with Koh-I-Noor watercolour paints. I added a touch of Distress Ink around the edge.

This last card is an older card that I made some time ago, but I thought that I would share it with you again. I used some very thin masking tape across the background and then added Distress Ink in between each section. I removed the masking tape and stamped the image onto the panel using black ink. I backed the panel onto black card. I coloured some ribbon with the green Distress Ink, and once it was dry, I stamped the ribbon with the words from the Amazing Mackintosh Words stamp set using black Archival ink.

I hope that you will try some of these ideas for quick cards. Thanks for stopping by, stay safe and take care, xx








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...