Followers

Sunday 1 May 2022

Life is Wonderful- a Quick Watercolour Card

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. I have a very cheery project to share with you today, a demo that I created for last month's TV shows on Create and Craft, featuring the large image and a sentiment from the Life is Wonderful stamp set. 

I scribbled onto an acrylic block with a couple of Zig Clean Colour markers and spritzed the area with water, before pressing a piece of Drawing Cartridge onto the block. This created a very quick watercolour background. I let the Drawing Cartridge dry naturally and then stamped the images with Versafine Ink. I scribbled more of the Zig markers onto an acrylic block, this time picking them up with a paintbrush dipped into water, and painted the images. I used just three colours, sometimes blending them, to achieve lighter and darker versions of the base colours, so that I could add shading.

I chose a patterned paper from one of Lesley's Designer paper packs which toned in perfectly to create a mat for the image, and added layers of black card to mat the design and patterned paper.

I had great fun creating this card, and hope that my design will give you some inspiration to create something yourself.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...