Followers

Sunday 16 April 2023

Butterfly Flourishes

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. I am back with more projects to share from our April TV shows. 

My first project was created by stamping an image from the Butterfly Flourish stamp set onto a piece of Drawing Cartridge with Versamark and white embossing powder. I added Shabby Shutters, Evergreen Bough and Wilted Violet Distress Ink with blending brushes. I then covered the background with copy paper and ironed over the top to remove the embossing powder. This creates a faux batik effect, leaving a flat surface once again.

On a piece of smooth stamping card, I stamped the butterfly flourish image from the same stamp set, and a butterfly from the Butterfly Perfumery stamp set. I coloured these with co-ordinating coloured pencils, (I used Caran D'Ache pencils).  I cut the butterflies out, and arrached them to the card. I drew the antennae using a fineliner pen. Because I had ironed the embossing powder away, I was able to draw over the surface of the background easily. I also added a sentiment.

Faux batik is such a useful technique, you can stamp over the top and colour the clear areas with pencils, inks, etc. It adds so many possiblities to your backgrounds.

For my second card, I used the same colour Distress Inks as before, and swiped them over an acrylic block. I spritzed them with water, and pressed the block onto a piece of Drawing Cartridge. I allowed the background to dry completely. I used the two corner stamps from the Butterfly Flourish stamp set, and created a very simple card design, stamping with Twilight Versafine Clair Ink. I added a sentiment from the same stamp set. By varying the colours, you could make this into a masculine card.

I will be back soon with more cards to share with you, thanks so much for stopping by, take care xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...