Followers

Friday 1 October 2021

Creating a Blueprint

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. As we head into another month, and the darker nights and cooler weather are definitely with us, I wanted to share a bold and bright card with you to cheer up your day. I have chosen a project that was shown on last month's TV shows, using the Lupin Blueprint stamp set, which is a beautiful set of stamps.

To start my project, I used some of the plain paper found within the Chocolate Baroque Black & White Papers Series 2, which allow you to create your own backgrounds. I stamped and embossed some of the smaller images from the stamp set onto the paper using clear embossing powder and Versamark. I then covered the paper with Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink. I covered the paper with a blank piece of copy paper, and used a medium iron to take off the embossing powder, creating a faux batik effect. If you do this with your regular iron, remember to turn off the steam setting.

I stamped the main image onto a die cut oval and coloured it with pencils. The sentiment was stamped onto a smaller die cut oval. I coloured the edges with the same colour of Distress Ink as I had used for the background.

Thanks for stopping by, I will be back later in the month to share some more projects with you. Take care, xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...