Followers

Friday 22 October 2021

Stamping on Coloured Surfaces

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. I have a couple of projects to share with you today showcasing the stamps from last month's shows on The Craft Store.

For my first card, I decided to stamp the main image from the Chrysanthemum Blueprint stamp set onto a piece of die cut grey card. I coloured the image with Faber Castell Black Edition pencils, choosing a palette of mostly orange and yellow to pop against the grey background. Even the green was a zingy yellowy green hue to stand out against the grey. I added lots of white highlights to lift the image.

I created a wrinkle free distress background using grey Distress Ink on Drawing Cartridge, which was not too fussy, and left lots of white areas. I felt that this worked well for the darker coloured topper in this instance. As with a lot of my cards, I did not add a sentiment, as I quite often add one when I send a card. This card would be useful for lots of different occasions.


My second card also features a coloured background for the focal image; this time I decided to stamp on kraft card. I stamped the main image from the Allium Blueprint stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and coloured it with pencils, as before. I used a tea dyed background, and stamped one of the smaller allium heads using Memento Plum ink. Both layers of card were edged with the plum coloured ink before attaching them to the base card.

Thanks for stopping by, take care,


Judith xx






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...