Followers

Friday 1 April 2022

All a bit Horizontal!

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. I have a couple of projects to share with you today showcasing stamps that we brought to you on last month's TV shows on Create and Craft.

It was so nice to meet up with Lesley again after a two year break and to get the chance to demo again on the TV shows. I hope that you managed to watch some of the shows and to see Lesley and I in action. My projects today were both demos on the shows, and I am focusing on a couple of the long horizontal stamps for this blog post.

My first card was a really quick project. I made a quick background with a strip of Drawing Cartridge, adding some Distress Oxides to the very long acrylic block that Lesley is hoping to obtain for the website again very soon, and spritzing this with water. You could smoosh some ink onto a glass mat or kraft mat instead. I placed the Drawing Cartridge over the block and pressed it over the ink. I left the background to dry.

Once the background was dry, I stamped the Out of the Trees stamp over the background using Versafine ink. I added a few touches of pencil to some of the detail. I added the strip of background to a kraft card blank, allowing it to wrap all around the card. TIP: I scored the strip where the fold of the card should be first, and attached the strip matching the fold.


 
My second project was created by painting a piece of media board with green paint and leaving it to dry. I stamped one of the pretty papers that were available on the show with the Country Reflections stamp using Archival ink. I added a couple of coordinating stamps from the Country Reflections Elements, Floral Paraphernalia Elements, and Out of the Trees Elements stamp set to complete the picture, and added a few finishing touches with coloured pencils.

I will be back soon with more projects to share, thanks for stopping by,


Take care, xx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...