Followers

Monday 23 January 2023

Gifted Blankets

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. In a change from my usual posts, I have a couple of crocheted projects to share with you today. These are both recently gifted items that I have made for special females in my life. 

The first blanket is the Fields of Gold blanket, designed by Jane Crowfoot. I have had the kit for ages, and knew that I wanted to crochet the blanket for my Mother-in-Law. Her favourite flowers are sunflowers, and mine are poppies, so this blanket seemed  the perfect gift for her, as it is made up of both motifs. She was extremely ill last year, and we nearly lost her, it seemed a very fitting time to create this blanket. I started to crochet the blanket in my spare time, something of which I have very little, and I took the blanket on holiday with me to Mexico in November, so that I could get it finished in time to give to her for Christmas. I spent lots of relaxing time on the beach crocheting away, and managed to get the blanket put together, and only had the ends to sew in when I got home. It was hot work sometimes, as the temperature was 29 degrees some days!


My second blanket was crocheted for my lovely Daughter Megan. She works so hard, and truly deserves something handmade. When she opened the blanket, she was really touched, and said that it would make her feel like she was getting a hug from me every time she used it.

I chose to make a beautiful blanket called Colours of The Sky Throw designed by Jane Czaja, using Sirdar Jewelspun Aran. The yarn is variegated, and every square is different. The dark squares are placed around the outside, and the lighter squares are placed inside. I love this blanket, and have started one for myself, it is so soft and cosy.

Thanks for stopping by, take care xx





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...