Hello everyone, it's time for a brand new challenge over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog, and I am helping to provide a bit of inspiration as part of the Design Team this week.
Following on from my recent kraft notelets, I decided to create a coloured version, using the new challenge colours. I created some notelets using linen card, using the same dimensions as in my previous post, and then cut some strips of watercolour paper 5.5 cms wide. I sprinkled some Brushos onto the dry paper, and then spritzed the paper with water. I used a second strip to blot the first one. This way, I only needed to colour three of the strips to create six strips of card. I dried each strip with a heat gun, and then using Versamark, and white embossing powder, used the same flower images, as I had used on my kraft cards.
I used a small amount of Mermaid Lagoon and Wilted Violet Distress Ink to add shading around the edges of the coloured strips. I then added a sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black Ink to each panel. Finally, I atteched them to the linen cards.
These notelets were so quick to make, and I am thinking of trying a Christmas version out next! Please pop over to the Challenge Blog, to check out the details of the new challenge, and to see the fabulous inspiration from my other team mates.
Thanks for stopping by, xx