Followers

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Woodland Scene

Hello everyone, it's Winner's Week on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog this weeik, and I am providing another nspirational card as part of The Design Team.

I have chosen to use the Design a Tree stamp sets, as we have been using those recently to create samples for one of Lesley's television shows on the Craft Channel, and they were still out on my craft desk.

I created a background on a smooth white card blank, using green and blue Distress Inks. I masked off the edges first, using low tack masking tape, and took away some of the stickiness, by pressing the tape against my clothing. I used brushes to apply the ink, and blended the inks together where they met in the middle of the card. I used a stencil across the top of the background, and applied Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink through the stencil. The stencil was slightly smaller than my card, and so I just moved it along at the edges, using the co-ordinating Distress Marker to add extra detail through the stencil where necessary.

I stamped the central, larger tree using Vesafine Onyx Black Ink, and added the smaller tree either side, using Versafine Smoky Gray Ink, taking care to offset them a bit. I picked up a bit of Pumice Stone Distress Ink with a painbrush and dry brushed it under each tree to add some shading. I chose several shades of lilac and purple ink to stamp the foliage of the trees, starting with the lightest first, and using second generation stamping for the trees at the back of the picture, to help create the feeling of distance for those trees at all times. I added another foliage stamp at the base of the picture, to resemble flowers on the ground, adding in some green stamping as well, which looks like grass, again, fading to second generation stamping the higher up the background I went, to indicate a move further back in the woodland. Finally, I added a sentiment from the Words of Inspiration stamp set. I have cut this stamp in half, giving me the option of having it as a long stamp, or as I have stamped it on this card.


I hope that you will hop over to the challenge blog to see more Design Team inspiration, and check out how you can join in the current challenge. Thanks for stopping by, xx



3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Judith, beautiful image and a brilliant design. The tree is so colourful, with the shadowed trees in the background it makes the whole creation just pop,loving it, Kate x

Evy Browning said...

Super illustratation of how to tweak things so as to add your own twist - both in the use of the stencil & the sentiment. It's your use of colour to denote distance which is fascinating to see & so effective in its execution, the dimension created by your grounding of the trees is lovely - a small detail which makes a huge difference in how the eye & brain perceive the design. I particularly like your graduation of the stamping on the ground - very effective indeed.

Elaine said...

What a lovely card. I love these stamps and you have used such a lot of skill and different techniques to create your picture. I have never heard of anyone dry brushing inks on, but it makes perfect sense. Beautiful colour palette and smashing work. Elaine xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...