Followers

Monday 30 May 2016

More TV Show samples

Hello everyone, I hope that you have been tuning in to Lesley's and Dawn Bibby's recent TV shows on the Craft Channel. They have been showcasing the Chocolate Baroque stamps superbly, and the demos have been absolutely fantastic. It has been great to see some of our older stamps getting an update using newer products, and I have thoroughly enjoyed using them again.

Lots of my DT projects have been having another airing, which has been great. I made several of them ages ago, and it is lovely to see them still giving inspiration to people. You can check out my Pinterest board here: https://uk.pinterest.com/judithsmith45/my-own-cards-and-projects/ if you care to scroll through, you will see lots of the cards featured on the various shows, but I thought that I would share a few with you.

Dawn saw this card on a recent show featuring the texture stamps, and instantly fell in love with the peacock stamps:
My other texture samples at the time were these: A tag using the Fancy Flowers stamp set
 A canvas created using acetate for the central window motif and dimensional flower embellishments.
 A mixed media piece using scrap cardboard as the base, fabric for the stamping, and acetate for the bird cages.
The peacock related show showcased a lot of my samples, and I remebered having a lot of fun creating these:

I used sari waste as part of the tail on this peacock, showing how you can use elements from the stamp plate to design your own bird.

I always love to mix and match the stamps that I have, and using the bodices from one of the haberdashery stamp sets, gave me a chance to be a dress designer for a day!

I have had a lot of fun using my gelli plate to create new samples for some of the shows, and the following cards show a cleaner style than some of my older cards, offering inspiration to make cards in a shorter amount of time. We don't always have hours to create something special, but want something that is nonetheless a little bit different:


Finally, a round up of a few more examples that were created for the shows, both old and new that you may have caught along the way:


This card was created using a sentiment and flourish from the Artistic Expressions stamp plate:






I hope that you have enjoyed my gathering of projects, and do please keep looking out for more shows coming up on the craft channel with Lesley and Dawn, showcasing the stamps from Chocolate Baroque. You never know, you might see something else that I have created ;) Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! Judith what wonderful cards, so many brilliant designs and techniques, fabulous designs and colours. The peacock cards are amazing, especially using the tail feathers with the bodice to make a dress, I find you so inspirational, and your creativity is awesome, Kate x

Evy Browning said...

Goodness - what can I say?? The range of samples & styles is wonderful to see with all kinds of techniques covered. Your sentiment & flourish from the Artistic Expressions stamp plate is an amazing design with the black elements really beautifully set off by the coloured panel & simple elegance of the white card base. I can see you had enormous fun being a dress designer with the haberdashery bodices & fluffy peacock feathers skirts.

craftimamma said...

Fabulous array of wonderful designs my friend and I've just been watching today's shows on catch up. I love trying to pick out your cards and I'm not often wrong, lol, but then I have known you a long time now. Occasionally you drop one in that catches me completely by surprise ;-).

My friend Sam fell in love with the Gothic Fragments and the crosses and I told her we're hoping to have a long overdue meet up on Sunday so she might meet you too if she manages to get across from Grimsby.

Lots of love
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...