Followers

Friday 25 March 2011

Forgotten Friday 10- Tim Holtz and grunge

Hi folks, well as this post appears, I will be almost landing in Malta! My OH and I are having a long weekend away, as he really needs a break before a very long busy season ahead.
This week I have been rummaging in my Tim Holtz Ideology box for things to put on a special Birthday card. I needed to make a card for my Daughter's Boyfriend, who is in his third year at University, doing a Graphics course. He always has his head over the laptop, or his phone, so I thought that this image from Mo Manning was very apt. I wanted to make his card very shabby and distressed, very like the cool shopping labels that he gets on his clothes, I pinched a couple from Megan's room recently, and I'd love to alter them in some way!
Aren't they fabulous? Anyway, I took inspiration from the colours, and looked through my scrapbook papers that I normally just can't bear to use, and found a great piece from Pink Paislee. I added some Brown card from my Linen Closet Stack by DCWV, and I was nearly there.
I printed off my image, and coloured it with Polychromos pencils, and then scuffed all of the card edges, adding Vintage Photo Distress Ink to highlight the distressing.
Don't forget to have a look through your own stash, play along, and make something with your neglected or forgotten craft goodies. When I'm back from my travels, if you leave a comment, I'll pop along to your blog to take a look at what you have made.
Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

3 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Judith, What a great card for a young man, and I like your idea for using the lables/clothing tags. Here is my contribution to this weeks Forgotten Friday. Have a super weekend!
Sue

Aquarius said...

This is a great card for the occasion and I'm sure he will love it. Enjoy your break. I may be late with my Forgotten Friday card this week but hope to get it done over the weekend.

Aquarius said...

Here is my card for this forgotten Friday challenge - find it here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...