Followers

Thursday, 15 June 2017

Vellum Butterflies

Hello everyone, we are sharing our monthly bumper post filled with quick and inspirational tips and ideas over on the Design Team Blog today. All of the cards made by the Design Team have taken fifteen minutes or less to make, and using fabulous stamps from Chocolate Baroque show that great cards can be made in next to no time.

I have made a card as part of the post, and would like to share a few more details with you.

I used purple and green Distress Oxide ink, and covered a circular gelli plate, blending the inks where they met. I used a large flourish from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp set to stamp onto the gelli plate, not cleaning it in between each stamping. This meant that the colour from each stamping transferred to the gelli plate, adding colour or taking colour away, depending on how much ink was picked up on the stamp each time. It creates a very random effect, but I love how it turns out. I pressed the gelli plate onto a large white card blank to take a print.

I stamped and embossed two butterflies from the same stamp set onto coloured vellum, using Versamark and Wow white embossing powder, before cutting them out. I adhered the butterflies onto the background, and then stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Words stamp set.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

Friday, 9 June 2017

Patchwork Butterflies

Hello everyone, I have some projects to share with you today that featured on the One Day Special shows on Hochanda last month. I always love working with butterflies, they are amongst my favourite images. The large Patchwork Butterfly is such a beautiful image. You may have heard Lesley say on the show that I had suggested that we have a stencil to match the stamps, and it has been great fun using the stencil with the stamps, creating some of these projects, and the ones that I will share with you later in the month.

For my first project, I stamped the large butterfly from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp set onto a piece of smooth watercolour paper, and masked the image with Masking Tissue, before moving onto creating the background. I drew one of the butterflies onto the Masking Tissue, using the stencil, six or seven times, and cut these out. I then inked through the stencil, using a Dried Marigold Distress Ink randomly over the background, keeping to the same butterfly shape each time. Ensuring that the ink was dry, I then used the sentiment from the stamp plate, and stamped through the same shape over the previously inked areas. Once the ink was dry, I covered each image with a mask.

I added background colour, choosing warm reds and yellows, blending the colours where they met, and spritzing the background with water once I had finished. I blotted the background with some kitchen tissue to take away some of the ink. I added some swirls using brown ink. Finally, I removed the masks and coloured the large butterfly with Distress Inks, (keeping to the same tones as the background), and a water brush.

For my second project, I created a wrinkle free distress background using Distress Oxide Inks. I stamped a swirl around the edge of the background to create a frame, and added the sentiment. I stamped the butterfly antennae onto the card directly, and stamped the entire image again onto a separate piece of card. I coloured the image with Zig Clean Colour markers, before adhering it to the background.

Finally, a remake of an old card that I made several years ago. It has had a bit of an update, so I hope you will forgive me for showing it in my post.

I created a background using paper masks and inked the sky and hills. I added a sentiment from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle stamp set. The foliage is from the Spring Foliage and Spring is in the Air stamp sets, and I used a mixture of greens and purples to tone in with the colours that I had used for the background. I added a bit of colour to the flowers with pencil. I stamped the antennae from the large butterfly directly onto the card, and then stamped the butterfly and a fairy from the Spring Fairy Collection onto a spare piece of card. I coloured them using Distress markers.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...