Hello everyone, I'm posting my inspirational project for this month's challenge over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog today. Each week, we like to provide something different throughout the month to help inspire any visitors to the blog. It's winner's week over on the blog, and we are announcing who has won last month's challenge, so it's worth taking a look if you entered to see if you have won the prize. The Design Team also choose their Top Three favourite entries each month just for fun.
So, onto my project, I have based my card on the challenge colour swatch, which I will show you at the end of my post. I stamped the artichoke thistle onto a piece of smooth watercolour paper, and masked the image. I then stamped the foxglove image several times, and masked these images as well. Finally, I stamped the silhouette foxgloves, and I was ready to complete the background.
I coloured the background with Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Ink, blending the colours where they met. I then stamped the honeycomb image across two opposite corners, using Siena Archival Ink, but I used second generation stamping, for a faded look. I also added a script stamp using Forest Moss Distress Ink over and around the honeycomb image.
I removed the masks, and coloured the images using pencils. I stamped three bees diresctly onto the page, and then stamped them again onto a scrap piece of card. I coloured the bees, and cut out only the bodies from the scrap card, sticking them onto the main background.
To create the sentiment, I cut an oval of shrink plastic, and stamped the bottom line of the wording using Timber Brown Stazon. I then stamped 'e happy', masking off the letter 'b' before I inked up the stamp. I then inked up 'be', masking off the word 'happy' before I inked up the stamp and completed the sentiment. I shrunk the oval, using a heat gun, and flattened it with an acrylic block when it had shrunk to size. Once it had cooled down, I added some alcohol inks to the reverse in toning colours and left it to dry.
Here is the colour swatch for this month's challenge: