Hello everyone, I have a project using one of the new individual cling mounted stamps from Chocolate Baroque, called Song Thrush to show you today.
I wanted to show the diversity of this lovely stamp, and how it could be used to create cards all year round, so I have made a Christmas card for my sample. I started by embossing the image a three times, using white embossing powder on some green scrapbook paper, and colouring the image with pencils. I decoupaged the flowers and bird. I layered the image onto kraft card, using some dark red card as a mat for contrast. I also added some holly die cuts, and some more stamping, using a berry stamp from the Woodland Dreams stamp set which I also coloured with pencils. I tucked some flowers from a spare image under the main frame, along with the holly die cuts. I added some shading around the edge of the kraft background, using Festive Berries Distress Ink. Finally, I added a sentiment taken from the Warm Christmas Greetings clear stamp set.
For my second sample, I stamped Ophelia
onto a piece of heavy weight cartridge paper, and then masked the
image. I coloured the background, by blending Shabby Shutters, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress Inks randomly all over the page. I stamped an image from the Texture Fragments
stamp set onto opposite corners, using Salty Ocean Distress Ink. I then flicked water onto the other areas of the page, and
dried it with a heat gun, to emphasise the watermarks.
I stamped and embossed a seaweed image along the bottom of the page, from the Underwater stamp set, using a blue/green metallic powder. I then added some flowers which I had cut out and coloured with pencils from the Song Thrush Silhouette
image. It just goes to show that you can add flowers to just about
anything! I coloured Ophelia using pencils, and matted the
project using toning coloured card.