Followers

Saturday 24 June 2017

Another Butterfly Canvas

Hello everyone, I have a second butterfly canvas to share with you today, made just for fun, and I wanted to use some new products that I bought from Chocolate Baroque recently.

I have used a long thin canvas to create this project, and added some pretty rice paper by Stamperia, using matte medium. I had a strip left over from the A4 sheet, which I stuck to a piece of stone paper, again using matte medium. Once the glue was dry, I stamped two butterflies from the Patchwork Butterfly stamp set onto the strip, and cut them out. I coloured the images lightly with Polychromos pencils, just to add a bit more colour.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto a piece of plain tissue paper, and added it to the canvas, using matte medium. I die cut some leaf shapes, and adhered those to the canvas, and added the butterflies. Finally, I stuck some lace rolled roses to the leaves.

I have added a touch of green ink here and there on the canvas, as I felt that the background was a bit too pink. I feel that the extra green gives the whole project more balance.

Thanks for stopping by, xx



3 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

How beautiful Judith, I love the combination of colours and images, great to see the oblong canvas for a change, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This canvas is so lovely too!! fab shades of colours and design!

Evy Browning said...

Your soft colouring of the butterflies blends in beautifully with the patterned background & the rolled roses are particularly stunning with their leaves bringing out the rose motif in the background. You're right about the green - that colour theory really does 'work' doesn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...