Followers

Friday 11 November 2011

Forgotten Friday 39- Just tagging along

Hi folks, it's Friday again, that means it's time to rummage through your stash again to find some neglected items and make something with them.

This week, I've been making tags using a tutorial based on a post I found here using Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. I had an unopened pot of this that had been knocking around for ages, so I thought that it was a perfect Forgotten Friday project. I dug out some neglected Christmas embossing folders, and had a go.

I found that the Tim Holtz folders are much better for this project, as they are deeper etched than Cuttlebug embossing folders, for example. However, I could try using my 'Texture Boutique' embossing machine another time, which is meant to emboss much deeper than a regular die cutting machine. It just gathers dust as I don't normally get it out for embossing these days. Here are a couple of sample tags one TH, and one Cuttlebug:

This is a fun technique to do, and makes a very pretty background. I finished the blue tag off, and will finish the red and green tag another day.

Don't forget to have a look through your own craft stash to see what you have been neglecting. If you make something, leave a comment this week, and I'll pop over to your blog to take a look. Thanks for stopping by, xx



6 comments:

Aquarius said...

Hi Judith - I posted this earlier but here is the link.  Those tags look good so I must read up about that technique because I too have a pot of Rock Candy hanging around somewhere too.

craftimamma said...

I was reading up about that technique this morning. It's a great effect. Love the tag you've made Judith. My reindeer die could do with dusting off too, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love these tags Judith, the colours are gorgeous. I posted earlier like Val here is the link.

Sue x

Miranda said...

Hi Judith, what a lovely technique and you did a great job with it! Also have a pot of Rock Candy(with a lot of dust on it LOL) so must give that a try! Thanks for inspiring me, warm greetz, Mirandax

Elaine said...

I saw this technique this week too and thought it looked fab. I love what you have done with your tag - just gorgeous. Elaine x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Hi Judith this is fabulous. Beautiful technique. And I love the backgrounds of both of them. Your blue Tag is wonderful but the colors of the green/red I like these colors very much and I am wondered to see your finished Tag with it.
Thanks and nice weekend
Lovely greet
marja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...