Followers

Friday 30 December 2011

Forgotten Friday 43- Winter Wings


Hi Folks, I hope that you all had a great Christmas, and are looking forward to the New Year ahead. I have had a lovely time with family and friends, in spite of struggling with a trapped nerve in my arm. I had a cortisone injection just before Christmas, which sadly hasn't eased the problem at all. I have had lots of help from my family though, so it hasn't all been bad.

I have had a forced break from crafting due to the sore arm, and my project today has been the first for several weeks. I have chosen to use lots of neglected stamps for this card. I have decided to make two Christmas items a month for my Forgotten Friday projects at least, to keep me prepared for Christmas next year. Sadly, the Bah Humbug blog won't be running for a while, and I want to make cards all year, as I started to this year, by following their blog. So, if you want to be organied like myself, then join me in making Christmas cards twice a month, and use some of your neglected stash along the way.

I have used some never inked Jo Capper-Sandon stamps for this project, although not typically Christmas themed. You would hardly expect to see a dragonfly in the Winter! I have also used her large and small mushrooms, a stamp from the Judikins Botanical cube, and a tree from the Chocolate Baroque 'Aboretum Design a Tree' stamp set. All of these stamps are neglected stamps, so I have been very good this week. I masked everything off, and then coloured the background with Distress Inks. I coloured the images with Polychromos pencils, then added a touch of Stickles to the dragonfly wings.






If you have time this week, why not have a trawl through your stash, and make something with a forgotten item or two? Leave a link to your project in my comments, and I'll pop along to your blog to take a look.
Have a very Happy New Year all of you, and thanks for all of your support this year. I look forward to crafting with you in 2012, thanks for stopping by, xx


10 comments:

craftimamma said...

Hi Judith, I like this one! It has a distinct wintery feel to it despite the dragonfly. I think it's the grey which makes it look 'stormy'. I love the stamps you've used and am very envious of the Jo Capper Sandon ones, especially the shrooms.

I'll do my best to join in with some of your Christmas weeks as I don't want a repeat of this year for Christmas 2012.

Have a good New Year Weekend Buddy.

Lots of love
Lesley Xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is beautiful but also very lovely. A very nice design and a lovely fairytail.
Lovely greet Marja

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Judith. I love the idea of making Christmas cards twice a month for FF, and will be joining in with you. I feel that the only cards that I made from mid October until Christmas, were Christmas cards as I negected them earlier in the year.

I'll be back soon with something for this weeks FF.

Sue x

Elaine said...

I love this card Judith, it has a beautiful wintery feel. Maybe not tradionally Christmas, but with those gorgeous JCS stamps just perfect.

Maybe I might even get myself into gear to join in some of those Christmas Forgotten Fridays with you!

Elaine x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

oooooo Judith, what a gorgeous scene. You have captured a cold winter morning beautifully and by using Stella and the Dragonfly it adds that extra fragile/delicate feeling. Love the colours you used.
Wishing you a happy 2012. xx Jo

Aquarius said...

This has a lovely ethereal feel to it as well as looking wintry and what a good idea to go for some Christmas cards within the Forgotten Friday format. Hopefully I can come up with something during the week once I clear the decks a bit.

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Judith.

I too will miss Bah Humbug, so I look forward to joining in with you!

Sandra

Aquarius said...

I knew I'd find something 'forgotten' to come up with a card for this week.  If I persevere with my sorting out there will many more items for future weeks.  This week's is here

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I thought that I would be back before now, but we've had lots of visitors the last couple of days. Here is my contribution this week.

Sue x

Unknown said...

Hi Judith - hope I'm not to late to join in this week. You can find my card here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...