Hi Folks, I'd like to show you another sample using some of the new stamps recently released over at Chocolate Baroque My sample today has a rather Steampunk theme, owing to the fabulous Vintage Dressmaker embossing folder from Couture Creations. I love the idea of combining steampunk and haberdashery together, so set about to bring together some of my favourite Chocolate Baroque stamps to achieve this effect.
I started making a background by creating a wrinkle free distress base using Distress Stains, then added one of the Lace Fragments stamps using Old Paper Distress Ink. This stamp is such a usuable stamp, and has an almost grid-like element to it, which can be used to give you straight lines as I have used in this sample, or you can use it turned more randomly, as I did in my previous sample. I then added a script stamp from the 'Eccentric Edwardian' stamp plate, and a cog stamp from 'Steampunk Christmas', which I brushed with bronze mica powder. I edged the background with Vintage Photo Distress ink to age the background.
I stamped the mannequin and the heart/wings from 'Punky Romance' onto plain card and coloured these with Distress Stains with a water brush. I love this effect. (This was before I purchased my Distress markers, so I may have a new favourite soon!) I was very excited when I realised that the wings from this particular stamp fitted the mannequin so well, it felt like serendipity!
I added some cogs to the background, and some tiny cogs to the mannequin's skirt, to reflect the design on the embossing folder.
The sentiment was stamped onto a tag cut from shrink plastic, then stuck onto a piece of spare background paper once it was shrunk. I added another cog with a jump ring for movement.