Wednesday, 13 June 2012
Hi Folks, just to let you know that there are new stamps available over at Chocolate Baroque right now. The stamps are based on a Steampunk theme:
Design Team Blog until 16th June, so if you leave a comment over there, you are in with a chance of winning both sets of stamps.
I have made a card using a Crafter's Workshop template to create my background. I stippled Black Soot through the template onto a piece of card that I had already coloured with Distress inks. I distressed the edges of the card, and then coloured them with Pine Needles and Black Soot Distress inks. I used a piece of a printable paper available from the website, called Edwardian Gentleman, which I tore and distressed to complete the background.
I made a frame from aluminium adhesive tape stuck to grungepaper, which I embossed, then ran through a cog embossing folder. I coloured this with alcohol inks, then rubbed some black acrylic paint over the top, wiping off the excess. I placed some of the Edwardian Gentleman paper in the recess of the frame.
I stamped the large hat from the Steampunkery stamp plate onto kraft card, and then masked this, before stamping one of the men from the Eccentric Edwardian stamp plate over the top. I am not the only Design Team member to hit upon this idea, great minds think alike, as they say!
I created some cogs using the shattered stains method; coating some grungepaper cogs with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and adding Distress Stains on top. The stains seep through the Rock Candy, and create a great effect. A few bits of hardware complete the project.
I had a few bits and bobs left over at the end of this project, and it struck me that one of the men on the printable page was just the right size to wear the Steampunk hat as well. So, I made a tag with some of the pieces that were on my craft desk. I used a piece of paper from the Prima Almanac paper stack as a background, stamping over the top with a stamp from the Eccentric Edwardian stamp plate. I stamped the phone on a parachute onto a piece of tissue paper and added it to the background, then I placed my man and his hat onto the tag. I tried to keep the hat very muted to tone in with what the man in the photograph was wearing. I added another one of those colourful cogs to complete the tag.