Followers

Friday 17 August 2012

Forgotten Friday 63- Ivy Leaves

Hi Folks, well it's Friday again, and time to rummage through your neglected items to see what is lying unused or forgotten. These past few weeks, I've been making some Christmas samples for the Chocolate Baroque Design Team and I wanted to use this large ivy leaf for a sample. I haven't used it for ages, and realised sadly that it's a retired stamp. I decided to create a Forgotten Friday sample with it, and used a neglected sentiment to go along with it, plus a Spellbinders die that I've never used as well. My main image is one of the new images from the 'Christmas Creatures' stamp plate, so I am cheating a bit. However, CB stamps are all about mixing and matching, so I hope that you'll forgive me.

I've embossed the ivy leaf with gold embossing powder, then coloured it with Distress Inks and a waterbrush. I've given the main image the same treatment, adding a bit of glamour dust for snow. I've die cut some leaves, and edged them with Distress Inks.


Why don't you have a rummage through your stash, and if you make something with a forgotten or unused item, leave me a comment, and I'll pop along to your blog to take a look. Thanks for stopping by, xx



17 comments:

Aquarius said...

A great combination of old and new and it makes a beautiful seasonal card - love it.

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Beautiful card as always Judith.. I love the Robin Px

Paula (PEP) said...

I love ivy leaves too - just had a look & that very set is languishing here too. Love the way you used the dark green for the layering & the embellishing leaves.
Paula (PEP)

Keren Howell said...

Lovely card, and good to make use of items you've not used for a while! Due to Crafty Austerity conditions prevailing at the moment I've been excavating the haunted wing of my craft stash...rediscovered all sorts I'd forgotten, too!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Judith, I love the ivy leaf background you've made. This stamp would look great used with the cottages from earlier sets.

Here is my contribution this week.

Sue x

PS Hope you are now feeling fully recovered.

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous as always Judith, love the Ivy leaves xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful work Judith. Fantastic combination and beautiful too.
lovely greet and nice weekend
Marja

Purple mad Alison said...

Great card!
Hugs Alison x x

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

What a lovely tranquil card... I love the ivy backing.
Huggles Lisa xxxx

Zoe said...

That's a beautiful card Judith, I love the ivy stamp, sadly I have tons of stamps and loads that don't get used, it is a shame and I do try but I think we all have our fave's, not just stamps though it all stash lol! Xxx

WeirdCat said...

Fab card, love the maple leaves round the greeting
Ruth x

Kay Dalton said...

beautiful card, elegant and wonderfull colouring

Unknown said...

Elegance personified as always .... beautiful Judith !! xx

Paula (PEP) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula (PEP) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula (PEP) said...

Not doing too well with my linking this week
HERE's MINE
Paula (PEP)

besitos said...

Beautiful! Very elegant :) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...