Followers

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Stamp of the Week and a Valentine card

Every week, Glenda offers a stamp sheet at a special price over at Chocolate Baroque This week, the stamp set is Rose Stem Script, a little A6 stamp set that has been around for a little while, but is so useful for all sorts of occasions. A couple of years ago, I used the rose while I was making a DT card and some newer stamps at the time. I carefully cut the rose out, omitting the script background, and made a bouquet with the roses. I set the bouquet onto a piece of linen that I had stamped with a smaller rose, and edged with a piece of lace, making it look like a handkerchief. The card eventually became a Mother's Day card for my Mum, as she has lots of pretty printed hankies, and it reminded me of her.





The little roses are coloured with Copic markers, and the backing paper is from the Essence of Nature CD.

So up to the present day, I have used the rose script stamp to make my OH a Valentine's card. I've kept the design fairly simple, using a monotone colour scheme. He's not much of one for cards, but I can't let the day pass without sending him a token of my love, can I? I've stamped around the edge using a tree from the Fantasy Woodland stamp set, this is fast becoming one of my favourite stamps. The sentiment is an old Elusive Images stamp which fits the bill perfectly, and I've used Distress Markers for the two tone effect.




Rose Stem Script is on offer until Friday, when there will be a different stamp sheet up for grabs at a bargain price:




Thanks for stopping by, xx



8 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Judith, I love the yellow one. The roses look stunning on the linen, like your Mum mine has many lovely handkerchiefs, while I just make do with a box of tissues.

Sue x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Both cards are beautiful Judith. The first one is so feminine, great decoupage work and the tree flourish looks great with the rose script on the card for your DH. Shirleyx

Christine B. said...

Two beautiful cards, I love them both. Hugs x ChrisB

craftimamma said...

I remember the first pretty card very well Judith and it's still a beauty. I love what you've done on the second card too. Lovely colours and that tree stamp you've made the border with is my favourite in that stamp sheet too. It's such a versatile stamp.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paula Whittaker said...

You always make sure pretty cards and I love how you've incorporated the linen on the first card, adds an extra dimension to the piece.

Aquarius said...

I love both versions of the rose stamping (one which is missing from my collection)- maybe that should be remedied while it is on offer!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Both of these are gorgeous & I love your Valentine card - the colours are beautifully masculine & I can well see why those leaves are fast becoming a favourite from the new release.
Paula (PEP)

Elaine said...

Lovely cards Judith, I really love the brown tones on your Valentine's Card. Gorgeous sharp stamping and great use of the rose script and the leafy flourish. Elaine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...