Hello everyone, my post is a dual purpose one today, as I have a Design Team project to show you first of all, and then I would like to show you a little something that I have made for the challenge blog.
My card uses stamps taken from the Sewing Room/Floral Mannequins multi-buy stamp set plus the Dressmaking Collage clear stamp. I have combined these stamps with an older stamp set: Haberdashery, to create a collaged card. I have chosen to cut the Dressmaking Collage stamp up into individual stamps, but you can leave it as one piece if you like, the choice is yours.
I started to make my background by stamping the buttons in two corners of a piece of watercolour paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink. As I was using a mixture of both clear and rubber images, I set the rubber buttons out on a block first, stamped those in each corner, and then set the clear buttons on the block next before removing the rubber images, so that I could work out where to place them. When I stamped the clear images on my card, I could line them up to the rubber images to complete the corners without any problems. I coloured the images with pencils, and then painted the images with Acrylic Wax to protect them. I spritzed two pieces of tissue paper with red and orange Dylusions spray, crumpled them up, and dabbed the background to create a mottled effect.
I stamped and embossed the silhouette mannequin onto the background, and then stamped and embossed the floral bodice onto a spare piece of card. I coloured the bodice using Distress markers and a water brush. I coloured another piece of card firstly with orange and red Distress inks and stamped and embossed the lace flower twice, which I cut out and layered together. I then coloured the card with Scattered Straw Distress Ink to create a little banner for the sentiment.
I added some background stamping using one of the border images, and finally added some hand drawn stitching, before placing the background onto a black card blank.
This week over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog, we have a free digital download. I have made a card to provide you with a little bit of inspiration.This paper made me think of tranquility and oriental imagery, so I decided to use stamps from the Tranquility and Serenity rubber stamp sets to complete my card. I stamped the flower and main image onto white card, and coloured these with Polychromos pencils. I coloured the wisteria images with Distress Markers and stamped them onto the background, embossing them with clear embossing powder. I edged the card with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, before matting onto a black card blank.
Hop over to the blog to collect the free download paper and see a fabulous card made by Florence.
Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx