Followers

Thursday 6 October 2016

Nature's Peace

Hello everyone, I love this time of year, when the countryside is filled with warm colours, and the leaves are turning shades of orange, brown, gold and plum.We still have plenty of warm sunshine to enjoy the changing season, and it really is a time to marvel at the natural colour palette all around us.

I have created a card using some left over pieces of watercolour card from a previous project. I had created a Brusho background, and used these pieces of watercolour paper to blot the originals. I simply added some stencilling and stamping to the top layer, and then added some shading around the edges of the layers, using Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, to add a warm plummy tone to the background.

I have used a lovely tree from the Nature's Peace stamp set, which I inked with Distress Markers, enabling me to incorporate the various colours that I had used in my background. I also stamped around the edge of the background using a favourite tree from the Fantasy Woodland stamp set. I used Seedless Preserves and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink to add the leafy pattern.

This really was a quck and easy card to make, and by varying the colours, could become a very masculine card.
Thanks for stopping by, xx

4 comments:

craftimamma said...

Beautiful card Judith and I'm so on your wavelength with the time of year. This week has seen some glorious weather days and I'm just sorry I'm not yet able to go for a walk in our lovely nearby parks and forests. Your card is a lovely reminder of the gorgeous colours that are everywhere. Love your background and the leafy stamping especially.

Have a wonderful weekend with our friend at the show ;-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Evy Browning said...

The autumnal colours you've captured superbly, especially with that stylised tree which I think is one of the most versatile images that CB has - as indeed is the rest of that stamp plate for you can use the crown as just swirls to embellish anything & make an overall pattern by using a stamp positioned & careful positioning to join the swirls (or not). Thank you for a really inspiring post that is so topical. The ribbon & matting finishes it all off perfectly.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's just adorable with these tones and the beautiful tree!! Love it so much!

Elaine said...

I love the way the plummy tones really change the balance of the colours in your design. The use of the leafy flourish to frame the design works really well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...