Followers

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Underwater Inspiration

Hello everyone, I have a couple more watery creations for you, using the sea themed stamp sets that we have been showcasing all month at Chocolate Baroque.

My first card was created by making a background using Distress Oxide Inks in shades of blue, yellow, pink and green. I created lots of layers until I was happy with the result. I stamped the shells from the Seaside Dreams stamp set, and masked the image before adding the second image behind. I painted both images using the little Koh I Noor palette, and then added some Inktense pencil detail and white highlights. Finally, I stamped the sentiment onto three pieces of scrap card, and attached these to the background. I edged all of the card pieces with blue ink before constructing my project.

For my second card, I used a background from my stash that had been made by painting Turquoise and Sea Green Brushos over the background with lots of water to make a colour wash. Sea salt had been sprinkled over the top and left to dry, which had created small bubbles randomly over the background.

I added some stencilling using coordinating Distress Ink, and stamped the small seahorse using first and second generation stamping. I added some stamping along the bottom using stamps from the Mermaid Queen and Underwater stamp sets. The bubbles were created by dipping a pen lid into white acrylic paint, and pressing it onto the background. I added a white highlight to each bubble to represent the light reflecting on the bubbles. I painted the foliage using the Koh I Noor palette once again.

I stamped the large seahorse onto a scrap of card, another background left over from a previous project, and cut the image out, leaving a small border around the edge. I attached the image to the background, and added a sentiment from the Seaside Dreams stamp set. Finally, I edged the background with teal ink, before adhering it to a white card blank.


Don't forget that there is a callout for new members for our Guest Design Team. Do check out the post on the Shop Blog for details of how to apply. The deadline is 23rd February, so there is plenty of time to apply. We are a really friendly Team to work with, and you could get to see some of your designs on the TV!

Thanks for stopping by, I will be back with some floral inspiration for you next month. xx


4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Judith, I especially love the first one the colours are gorgeous on that.

Sue xx

Evy Browning said...

I was fascinated by your pen top bubble technique in the second card - that background is so evocative of the the sea & I particularly like your distant seahorses; the way that far left one looks as if he's caught in the upward surge of water created by your 'green pyramid ray.' In the first the way your sentiment going from left to right downwards leads the eye & then balances the wight of the seashells gathered on the ocean floor is very realistic. Again you can see the various currents of water in the background with sparkles of light where the sun is shining - superbly effective.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your underwater scenes are stunning!! Such great realistic feel they have! The colors and the backgrounds look just amazing and all the details are wonderful! Great work with these sea stamps!!

cuilliesocks said...

Such stunning sea world cards Judith, the seahorse is fabulous, great colours and design, Kate x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...