Followers

Thursday 15 March 2018

Colourful New Home

Hello everyone, over on the Chocolate Baroque blog today, we are sharing our regular Fifteen Minute blog post, a bumper post full of quick projects that are made in fifteen minutes or less. I have a project to show you that forms part of that larger blog post.

I demonstrated this card on last month's TV shows on Hochanda, and it really was a very quick card to make. I created a vibrant Distress Ink background, using Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Squeezed Lemonade spritzing it with water.

To create the main section of the card, I used an offcut of cartridge paper, the piece that is left from a piece of A4 when I cut my backgrounds for 8" by 8" cards. I stamped the housesfrom the Townhouses and Village Life stamp sets, masking them as I went along, to create a street. I picked out one house to colour, and made a reverse mask so that I could colour only that house with the same inks that I had used for the background.

Once I had coloured the house, I used black card to mat my layers before attaching them to a large card blank. I added a sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set.

This would make a very quick New Home card, or in a smaller version on a tag, could be used to announce a change of address. Do check out the rest of the projects made by my Design Team mates on the Chocolate Baroque blog.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love the idea, fab card!!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love how the colour of this house makes it stand out on the street, a great idea.

Sue xx

Evy Browning said...

Super contrasts with the brilliant colours set off by the black & white framing plus the houses. Reverse masking is such an interesting way of varying use of colour - as here it's so effective & leads the eye perfectly to the focal image which is brought forward to it's spotlight by the foil of the black & white houses behind........You cannot miss that this is a perfect New Home card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...