Followers

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Mixed Media Flowers

Hello everyone, I am back with more projects showcasing the fabulous products that we featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

I have a real mixture for you in this blog post; my first project is a fabric covered coptic bound journal that I made myself. I had already made the journal just prior to receiving the stamps, using a lovely vibrant fabric donated to me by a friend. I decided to add a fabric panel to the front of the journal, and I stamped the floral spray from the Blossom and Grow stamp set using Plum Archival Ink. I painted the image using watered down Golden acrylic paints. The sentiment was from the same stamp set, and makes a brilliant statement for a journal cover.

 A side view showing the Coptic binding before I had added the flower panel:

My second project was created using lots of the Little Birdie products available on the shows. I used a piece of cork for my background, and then painted a large portion with Faded Denim paint, leaving some of the cork showing. I added some of the Crackle Medium and then painted Tattered Lace over the top. I let each coat dry before adding the next. These are all from the Chalk Paint and Crackle Kit.

I stamped several of the foliage images from Blossom and Grow, which I coloured with pencil and cut out. I then combined these with some of the flowers from the Little Birdie Grey Sky range. (Camila and Serenade). I also added a piece of hessian from my stash. To help everything coordinate, I dry brushed the flowers, hessian and seed heads with some of the paint. Once I had adhered everything to the cork background, I placed the background into a small deep frame.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your fabric cover of journal is lovely, and so much more with your added flowers stamp!!
Great mixed media home decor too, I love it very much!!!

Evy Browning said...

Your framed piece combining so many different elements & incorporating the stamped images really shows what can be done with these items & the muted colours are perfect for the shabby chic trend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...