Followers

Tuesday 3 September 2019

A Little Catch Up

Hello everyone, I do not generally post anything other than craft related matters on my blog, but occasionally I decide to make an exception to that rule. Two recent events have been causing life to be more than a little eventful, and 2019 has certainly not been an easy year.

Sadly on 20th August, my lovely Mum passed away, and yesterday was her funeral. She would have been 80 years old, and we celebrated her life with a birthday cake and her favourite flowers. We sang Happy Birthday to her and talked about happy memories.



The wreath on the coffin was beautiful, heart shaped, and again in her favourite flowers. Such cheery colours and not sad at all.

My memories of Mum are mostly craft related, Mum taught me to knit and sew, plus lots of other skills as well. I crafted with Mum from a very tiny age right through to more recent times. We went to craft fairs together and even had stands of our own selling our handiwork at lots of different venues. Mum was incredibly proud of me, telling everyone 'our Judith is on the TV', and loved to watch me doing my demos. Crafting was a great way of us spending a bit of time together, having a catch up and a bit of a natter. It was quiet time, and we could share a common interest. Mum's illness was hard, and she is at peace now.

My second piece of news is more joyful and those of you who are friends with me on Facebook will already know. I became a Grandmother on 25th August when my Daughter gave birth to little Ruby Isla, weighing just 5lbs 9oz. Little Ruby is a ray of sunshine at this time, and we love her to bits. She is such a little sweetheart and I was very priveleged to be at the birth. Megan and Ruby are doing well, and we are looking forward to spending lots of time with them both.

Thanks for stopping by, normal crafty posts will resume again soon! xx



3 comments:

Gerrina said...

Congratulations Judith!
You all three look happy and in awe of the wonder of birth....
Wish you three lots and lots of time to enjoy eachother! Hugs, Gerrina

cuilliesocks said...

My goodness Judith, two major events at either end of life's spectrum. How very sad to loose your Mum, but you have wonderful memories to sustain you through the sadness. Congratulations on the birth of Ruby Isla, beautiful names and wishing you joy of this new little bundle of life. Good to hear that your daughter and new Granddaughter are doing well. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos, Kate x x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm so impressed by how much you are strong and sweet .... So so sorry for your Mum loss... and I'm stunned by the way you have celebrated her Birthday at this time... You touched my heart, I have a lot to learn...
Big congrats to you and your daughter for the new little baby, how sweet is that photo!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...