Followers

Friday 13 March 2020

Stamping on Black Card

Hello everyone, I have a few projects to share with you today using the stamps that we brought to you on last month's TV shows on Hochanda. All of the projects share a common technique; stamping on black card with acrylic paint, which suits these doodle style stamps really well. I was shown this technique a long time ago by the very talented Lin Brown, and certainly do not try to pass it off as something I invented myself.

For my first project, I painted a piece of sticky backed canvas with some paint, watered down slightly, blending the colours where they met. I dried this layer, and stamped a flower from Doodle Butterfly over the top using white acrylic paint, for a subtle effect. Once dry, I stamped some of the words found on Snowdrop Script and Edgy Edges, using Archival Ink. I added some doodle stems using green Archival Ink.

To create the flowers, I added white paint to the stamps, then added the other colours over the top, before stamping onto black card. I chose a mixture of blue and green paint over the white. I fussy cut the images, leaving a slight border, and adhered them to the tag shape, which I matted onto black card as well. Some coloured ric rac completed the tag.

For my second project, I coloured a whiteboard tag with green and blue ink before stamping the image from Edgy Edges using Teal ink over the top. I created two butterflies as before, and stamped the sentiment onto a strip of left over card, which I then cut into pieces before adding to the tag. Blue and green ribbon complete the tag.

This card feels a little on the busy side! However, I wanted to show you what you could do with these stamps, and you could certainly leave some of the elements out, or incorporate them all!

I started by colouring the background with Distress Oxide Inks, and adding overstamping with a mesh design from Rustic Fragments. I used a darker version of each colour from the background for a tone on tone effect. I edged the background with the top of the flower head using black ink for a decorative border.

I created the flowers and dragonflies in the same way as before, using green, yellow and pink paint on top of white paint.

Thanks for stopping by, I will be back later in the month with more projects to share with you.

xx




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...