Followers

Thursday 1 October 2020

In the Frame

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you today showcasing some of the the amazing stamps that Lesley brought to Hochanda during the one day special last month.


My first card looks very simple, but took a little planning. I used a scrap piece of paper first to make sure that it worked, and that would always be my advice to you if you want to try an idea. I cut a piece of paper to the size of my finished card and stamped out the four corners to work out where they needed to go. To create the actual card, I stamped on to Drawing Cartridge, and then masked the four corners using Masking Tissue, before stamping the flowers within the square. I just made sure that I did not ink the ends of the stems, so that I did not have any pieces of stem sticking below the frame. I added some shading with Distress Ink, blue at the top and green at the bottom. I peeled away the Masking Tissue and coloured all of the images with Polycolour pencils. Adding the shading first means that I can colour over any ink that may have gone over the edges of the flowers, saving me the job of masking those as well.


For my second project, I chose to use the same stamp set, Echinacea Blueprint, and stamped onto kraft card, using white embossing powder. I coloured the main image using my Koh-I-Noor watercolour palette. I added a touch of Distress Ink around the edge of both the focal image and the background before matting both pieces onto grey card.

I will be back later in the month with more projects to share, thanks for stopping by,


Judith xx







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...