Followers

Friday 26 February 2021

Dragonfly Dreams

Hello everyone, I am sharing a card showcasing stamps from last month's One Day Special on Hochanda. These stamps have been such great fun to work with and I hope that I have given you a few ideas to use yourself.

I started my project by taking a piece of tea stained drawing cartridge from my stash. I have a few of these ready for a quick start to a project. I added salt when the background was wet for extra texture. I stamped the large playing card image from Ace Card with black Versafine ink, and masked the image with Masking Tissue. I added the small script from the same stamp set along one edge, and then the woodgrain image designed by our great friend Kim Moody from the Fragile Wings stamp set all over the background. 

I stamped out three of the smaller playing cards onto a spare piece of background, plus the sentiment. I added some Seedless Preserves Distress ink around the edges of all of the pieces. I coloured the main image with Inktense pencils and blended the colours with a waterbrush. When the image was dry, I added extra details with darker colours. I used a clear Wink of Stella pen over the dragonfly wings.

Thanks for stopping by, take care and stay safe, xx






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...