Followers

Wednesday 25 January 2023

Sharing Some Tips With You

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well, I have a final few projects to share with you from this month's TV shows today.

To create my first project, I smooshed some Distress Oxide onto a craft mat. I used Twisted Citron and Broken China, which I spritzed with water. I placed a piece of Drawing Catridge over the top, and then turned it over, and presseded a piece of scrunched up cling film to the surface, before leaving the card to dry. I used another piece of Drawing Cartridge to mop up the left over ink on the craft mat, and I will use that background for another project.


 

I used the Universal Butterfly stamp to stamp just the bottom portion of the stamp three times onto some patterned paper, using co-ordinating colours of ink. I chose an olive green, a deep pink and a claret. I cut the todstools out for later. Once the background was dry, I used the same three ink colours to stamp a foliage image from Silhouette Grasses along the bottom half of the page. I used first and second generation stamping to create some depth to the design. I added a couple of dragonflies from Just Butterflies to the 'sky' area of the background, and also a sentiment from Technical Butterfly, I coloured elements of the toadstools with coloured pancils, and stuck the images to the background. On some of the toadstools, I covered up the ladybirds, I moved the smaller toadstools around to make the colour groupings more random, and I added the butterfly to a toadstool over another ladybird. I did not want all three toadstool groupings to look identical, but more individual. I also varied the height of the middle group. Once the images were glued down, I added some shading at the base of the images with a grey pencil to ground them.

My second demonstration on this show was a very quick card using the Mini Slim Words. I used a gelli plate and Distress Ink to add some colour to a piece of Smooth Stamping Card. I chose Squeezed Lemonade as my base colour. I then inked up the heart strip with Kitsch Lemonade Distress Ink and stamped over the background until I had covered all of the yellow. I moverd the strip along slightly each time to make the pattern slightly random.

I took the Love word strip and created a frame, you have seen me do this before with the larger word strips. I simply started stamping slightly along one side, and then turned the background and butted up to the edge of the stamping each time. I found that I need to miss some of the words off as the strip was slightly too wide for this size of background. If you are not sure how something will work out, you can always practise on some copy paper first.

Finally, I added a sentiment from Loud and Proud in the centre. You can make lots of variations on this card design, and vary the colours. It would make a great batch card idea for Christmas too.


I mentioned practising on copy paper, well I was preparing for the TV shows and we also had A Year of Stamping Issue 1 - January on the show. I wanted to try out an idea and used copy paper, as I quite often do to see if it workedokay. My copy paper sample looked so good that I made it up into a card. I would normally have repeated the project on smooth stamping card, but I wanted to show you my finished copy paper project.

I used a stamping platform to stamp the image, which I then coloured with Pan Pastels. I stamped the image again, to ensure a nice crisp finish, as sometimes Pan Pastels can make your image look rather cloudy. I have used a piece of background paper cut to size. It was teal and brown as you can see, but one side was rather plain where it had been trimmed. I added some colour with Distress Ink, and tghe stamped a splatter stamp from the Timeless stamp set to add some detail. The paper looks more complete now. I edged the background paper with a black inkpad so that it matches the main image.


I hope that you have enjoyed my projects and that my tips will be useful. Thanks so much for stopping by, your vists are always appreciated. Take care xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...