Followers

Friday 27 March 2009

I should be packing!




Well, I'm going away tomorrow, and I haven't packed yet! I had to make a birthday card for my sister-in-law see picture. I also decided to make a badge to wear to the show at Harrogate so that any Graphicus Guild members could identify me! It is part of the stamp on the card I made, using a piece of stampboard, so I stamped it twice, and used the second piece of stampboard on the card. This is an idea that Glenda from Graphicus has used on her cards many times to highlight an image.


I'm really looking forward to the weekend, to seeing what's going on that is new in the crafting world. Especially as I teach a small card making class, I feel that I have to keep up with what is happening out there. It's lovely to chat to people at Craft Shows too, to swap ideas and find out where they bought this and that and have a brief moment with a stranger who shares a common interest. Crafting can be a bit lonely sometimes, when you are beavering away at home, which is why the blog, and the Graphicus Guild are so enjoyable. My Mum is a crafter too, and she always looks forward to my visits so that we can craft together. I haven't seen her since October, so my visit is long overdue this time.
I live about five hours away from my Mum, and I hate the long drive, so I always prevaricate when it comes to getting ready. I need to do some ironing, get my suitcase out, sort my craft stuff out, because Mum will want to craft, and organise everything here, so that the house doesn't fall apart while I'm gone! I'm meant to be leaving about 9.00 a.m. tomorrow morning, but that deadline will almost definitely come and go. Never mind, I'm not going to Harrogate until Sunday! Judith x

2 comments:

Jo said...

Have a great time at Harrogate, Judith. I wish I could be there. I'm glad to have seen your badge after reading about it on the board. I might just steal the idea for a badge to wear at Ally Pally next month as I bought this stamp set at the Graphicus open day last Saturday. Haven't even had time to mount it yet so will get on with that this weekend. Great card, by the way.

Lynne K said...

Lovely card, Judith. Have a good time in Harrogate. Wish I was going!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...