Followers

Sunday 28 February 2010

Stamperama

Well, I'm back from a day going around Stamperama at Stevenage, which is about an hour and a quarter from where I live. I had a really great time; I saw Kay Carley, and the Stamp Addicts girls, the folks at LB Crafts, where I picked up my new Distress Inks ooh la la!


I spoke to Bev Rochester at The Hobby House stand, and ogled her gorgeous cards IRL, and had a good look at what there was to see.
I had the best time at the Artistic Stamper stand, watching Jennie deonstrate the Melt Pot, something that I've been interested in for a while, but didn't know much about. Her demonstration pieces were fab, and she gave me a piece to bring home! Thank you Jennie, so much! I just need to add some beads to the piece that she gave me, and it will make a lovely brooch.

 I also sat with Hels, who is so lovely, and had a go at her make and take.
We made a faux porcelain flower, similar to the grungepaper flowers doing the rounds at the moment, but made with thin card, coloured with DIs, overstamped, then dipped in clear UTEE in the melt pot. The final step was to add a glass bead in the centre, they are gorgeous! I bought a Melt pot, needless to say, and will be making lots of these. I bought tons of other things too, including Paper Artsy stamps, Tim Holtz ornate plates, a couple of punches, Nesties, and lots of other bits and pieces. What a good day, Judith x

7 comments:

Jo said...

Whoa! Faux porcelain flower? What a lovely idea. I'm so envious. I didn't think I needed a melt pot but they are so hot (sorry) at the moment. Have to have those inks too. Glad you had such an interesting and productive day.

Hels Sheridan said...

It was great to meet you hun and I am so chuffed that you had a good time and enjoyed the Make n Take...loving your little flower...am off now to sit down and dream about making more flowers... they are sooo addictive! Enjoy your new toys xx

Elaine said...

Glad you had such a good day Judith, sounds like you got soe great stash - I am envious!

You porcelain flower looks great - I will await some instructions with interest!!

Elaine xx

Anne said...

Ooh new Distress Inks - you lucky blighter Judith :)

Glad you had a good time

craftimamma said...

Oooh Judith, I want my inks now!!! Shouldn't be too long before they arrive though. It looks as though you had a brilliant day and that flower is fabulous. My kids bought me a Melt Pot for my birthday 2 years ago and I've hardly played with it. I must dust it off as I've seen so many gorgeous things made with it recently.

The goodies you bought sound wonderful.

Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

It sounds as if you had a fabulous time - I'm envious!! Great ideas you picked up too and have fun with the melt pot.

Lexxie said...

Fantastic Judith! I've never seen a handmade flower made this way, I love it. I love the flowers in your previous post too,
So sorry to hear your health has been suffering and I hope you feel better soon,
Love Sarita xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...