Followers

Thursday 21 October 2010

Art Nouveau card

I recently had the good fortune to work with some stamps from Elusive Images based on elegant ladies in ball gowns, and chandeliers. Glenda has some Blog Candy on the Elusive Images Blog where you can win one of the new stamp sets. The other designers have got some examples of their work on the blog, and if you hop over there, you can go to their blogs too, and see what else they have been up to.
The card that is featured by me was based on an Art Nouveau theme, as I felt that the particular feature stamp that I used was reminiscent of that era. I created a mask by punching out a circle from a piece of card, and sponged Wild Plum and Stream Adirondack Ink onto white card to make a background. I then stamped a small chandelier onto each circle. I mounted this onto black card. I took a round piece of Stampbord, and coloured this with Adirondack Ink, before stamping the Art Nouveau flower onto the Stampbord. I then scratched small areas away to reveal the white again, before covering the whole piece with Glossy Accents, and left it to dry overnight. I edged the Stampbord with a silver Krylon pen.





Inside my card, I created an aperture, on a piece of card covered with Artylicious paper, and stamped a piece of acetate with a larger chandelier, which I suspended in the aperture with thread. I stamped two flourishes on the backing paper to complete the inside.


I also made a matching necklace and gift box to go with my card. I made two more of the Stampbord circles, and added flat-backed gems to the one on the gift box. Instructions for the gift box can be found on Ikki's blog, if you scroll back a bit. I really enjoyed working with these vibrant colours!
Sadly Stampbord do not make these circle pieces of Stampbord any longer, and I am probably fortunate to have some in my stash. Any future projects that I make on the jewellery front using this medium will have to be made with squares or rectangles. I'm sure that I will enjoy using those shapes too. Thanks for looking, and any comments that you make will be very appreciated, Judith xx

2 comments:

Aquarius said...

Lovely work with the new stamps - I might need these when the newsletter arrives! The jewellery is great and I must look through my stash to see what stampboard shapes I have other than squares.

Phree said...

I do love this beatiful set Judith, one of my favorties from that pack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...