Followers

Friday 22 October 2010

Bah Humbug

Strangely enough, I've been making a Christmas card today, and it's still October. I can't explain why, I just felt the need to make one. Normally, I leave making my Christmas cards until mid December at the earliest in a mild panic. Probably because my Birthday isn't until the start of the holiday season, and until I've celebrated that, I don't feel festive.
Anyway, enough of that! I decided to use a combination of stamp sets, all from Elusive Images, starting with a house from the New England Winter set, which I only used a part of, because I wanted the effect of a rooftop. I then used the reindeer from the Christmas Fusion stamp set, flying over the roof, with his sparkly trail of stars behind him. Lastly, I used a sentiment from Snowflake Flourish, which is a real favourite of mine for Christmas cards.
I have been playing with my Copics to colour in the house and reindeer, and I have to confess that I didn't really deviate from the suggested colours on the accompanying sheet for the stamps. I used a blend of Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks for the sky background, and painted a little bit of Diamond Stickles on the stars. I used a lovely deep blue backing paper from the Seasons Greetings Artylicious CD, and silver mirri card to mount everything.
How are you all getting on with your Christmas cards? Have you made a start yet, or are you like me, normally leaving it to the last minute? Good luck with them anyway.

Hopefully over the weekend, I'll get some of my Barcelona photos on here for you. We had a fabulous time, and I just loved wandering around the houses designed by Gaudi. The City is just amazing, and the trip went way too fast, but I'll tell you about it all another time! Bye for now, Judith xx

3 comments:

Aquarius said...

Well done for starting on your Christmas cards and this one is beautiful. I've been taking part in a Bah Humbug challenge since January so have actually made loads this year which is so unusual for me to be so organised!!

craftimamma said...

This is gorgeous Judith. You've used three of my favourite EI stamps on here. I absolutely love that reindeer and the sentiment too. Great start to your Christmas cards.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jo said...

Don't these stamps work well together? Congratulations on making a start. The rest should all come easily now, ha ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...