Followers

Sunday 15 July 2012

Vintage Artisans-Steampunk


Hi Folks, it's time for a new challenge over at the Vintage Artisans Blog This week the challenge is sponsered by Chocolate Baroque and LEJ Designs

I have made two projects to show you, the first is an 8" x 8" canvas using lots of Chocolate Baroque goodies. I have painted the canvas using acrylic paints, mixing a colour myself to go with a printable dowload called 'Love Letters'. I inked the torn edges of the download before fixing it to the canvas. I stamped a flowery cog cluster up one side, and then added a Studio 490 Art Parts pocket watch where there is actually a clock in the stamp design. I covered the clock with another printable download from CB, stamping the clock face onto the back part of the pocket watch, and inking all of the edges.

I decoupaged a fabulous winged heart from Artistic Expressions, and attached a shrink plastic sentiment from the same set. I attached some coloured paper to the back of this. I added some brass chain and a cog. I stamped around the edge of the canvas with a great swirl from the same stamp set, using Plum archival ink.


My second project, a card, uses another printable download from Chocolate Baroque as the background. I have added the weathered clock die, and embossed some cogs in the middle, taken from a stamp from the 'Steampunk Christmas' stamp set. I have added a couple of real cogs as well. I have coloured Lindsay's gentleman with Polychromos, and turned him into a clock mender, Big Ben maybe? The image in the background might suggest that. I have used a Tim Holtz sentiment to finish the card.

Why not hop over to the challenge blog to see what the other Design Team members have created. Have a go at creating something with a Steampunk theme yourself, and join in the challenge. Thanks for stopping by, xx



16 comments:

Caroline said...

hi Judith these are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Aquarius said...

Two absolutely brilliant projects and difficult to choose between them - I think the canvas wins with me but I love that weathered clock too

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Gorgeous work Judith. love it.
Lovely greet
Marja

Sue said...

WOW!" They are both stunning. I love the designs and all the gorgeous detailing

Sue

May said...

Fabulous creations Judith..Gorgeous canvas love the background...Hugs May x x x

Paula (PEP) said...

Your first project is my favourite - spectacular use of colours & techniques & I love the way you embellished with the little charm & the Art Parts.
The sentiment in your second project is a super one & I love the way you combined the wet embossing of the cogs with the clock & cog embellishments. The background image gives this a really atmospheric & a topical feel too.
Paula (PEP)

Alexandra said...

Gorgeous projects, I like the idea the wee guy in the second one might be there to fix Big Ben. I especially like the first one too. Very pretty colours altogether a pretty, vintage, steampunk canvas.

Kathryn said...

fabby xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous projects Judith, with a very different feel. The top one is lovely and feminine while the bottom more masculine. I love them both.

Sue x

Zoe said...

Two great cards Judith, love the one with the heart most xxx

Unknown said...

Fab projects Judith, Love them both xx

craftimamma said...

These are both fabulous projects Buddy. I love the idea of making the gentleman on your card into a clock mender. I have to say the canvas is my favourite though. I love everything you have used on there and yourn use of the pocket watch is brilliant.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Trudi said...

Love these cards, fantastic x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautifull and original Judith, I like this very much!!!

Greetings
Maria

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Both stunning works of art Judith, I love what you have done with them
Lindsay xx

debbi taylor said...

loved the winged heart card
and am now following
hugs
debbi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...