Followers

Wednesday 23 January 2013

A Valentine Book Card


Hi Folks, I have a couple of samples featuring some recently released stamps from Chocolate Baroque to show you today. The stamp plate is called Rose and Thistle, and has a lovely mix of stamps on the plate:






I have created a book card using kraft card as my base, and used a printable download from Chocolate Baroque called 'Love Letters'. I have stamped the large single rose image onto this, and coloured it with pencils. I stamped the rose heart image onto a smaller piece. and decoupaged this onto the main background. I used a sentiment from another stamp set 'Harlequin Rose', which I matted onto black card.




Inside the card, I created a niche for a gift, or some chocolates maybe, using some more of the download to line the niche, and the opposite side of the card. I used black paper to punch a border for the niche.


My next sample is a clean and simple card, featuring the large thistle stamp. I stamped the thistle image onto a cream card base, and then masked the image with Eclipse masking tape. I spritzed the card with three different colours of Distress re-inkers and water. I then coloured the thistle image, and added a sentiment in one corner. Some toning matting finished the card.





My first card is showing over on the Design Team Blog today there has been some fabulous inspiration this month with these stamps from my Design Team mates. I hope that these two cards have also given you some ideas. Thanks for stopping by, xx


4 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

beautiful work with those stamps Judith.

Aquarius said...

The book is beautiful - love the love letter download and of course the brilliant stamps.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card and a stunning book Judith. I love the love letter downloads, they make great background papers.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

Very effective the way you've used portions of the single rose image to accent & frame the heart. The softness of the pencils really adds to the vintage sense too. The second card is lovely in its elegance & I like the softness of your background which just hints at the colours of the thistle. Hope you're feeling much better.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...