Followers

Saturday 15 June 2013

Majestic Peacock

Hi Folks, here's another Peacock sample, using the fabulous new stamps from Chocolate Baroque

I created a background using the wrinkle free Distress method, using shades of turquoise and purple. I stamped a peacock onto some watercolour paper, and coloured the image, using the same shades as the background. I added some gems to the tail, for a bit of sparkle. I stamped the large deco feather onto some navy card using Versamark ink, and then embossed the image using gold embossing powder. I added a mat of the same colour navy behind my background card, and a decorative frame behind the peacock image.






Thanks for stopping by, xx



6 comments:

Aquarius said...

Love the colours you've used and the gems are a lovely touch on the tail.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Judith, I love the navt blue and gold embossed borders.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

I'm going to have to revisit the wrinkle free distress technique which I admire every time I see you use it. It looks terrific here with the way you used the same colours for the colouring of the peacock. The gold on navy embossing adds beautiful sheen echoed by the sparkle of the gems & giving the whole lustrous sense of the peacock's ethereal feathers. I especially like the way the gold embossing picks up the golden colouring of the peacocks eye & beak.
Delicious layout in this one too.
Paula (PEP)

craftimamma said...

Fabulous colours Judith and the embossed gold on the navy looks so luxurious. Beautifully coloured image against the pretty colours of the background resulting in a gorgeous card.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Elaine said...

A lovely luxurious feel on this card Judith, I love those gold feathers on the navy background, it makes me think of a very upmarket gift wrap. Gorgeous. The colouring on the peacock is lovely and this is a really great layout. Elaine xxx

purplekt22 said...

Gorgeous card - love the colours x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...