Thursday, 6 June 2013
More Peacock samples
Hi Folks, I have a few more samples to show you using the new stamps from Chocolate Baroque. The first one is posting over on the Design Team Blog today.
I have chosen a monochrome theme of turquoise/blue, creating a background using a texture stamp in two shades of turquoise. I have stamped the peacock onto the card, adding a die cut branch, and then decoupaged the peacock body over the top, so that he appears to be sitting on the branch. I have used a flower from the Punky Flowers stamp set, as the flower heads went so well with the peacock feathers. I added some flat-backed pearls and gems for a bit of sparkle.
My second sample was created using Dylusions for the background. I stamped the large deco feather, first using the stamp spritzed with water, to remove some of the background, and then again with some Pear Tart Memento ink to give some depth of colour. I made a UTEE embellishment and stamped a feather stamp into the top while it was still hot. I brushed some metallic wax into the crevices to highlight the feather image. I used a row of feathers to create a 'ribbon' across the card, and added a stamped peacock as the focal point of the card. I placed some green feathers behind the peacock's tail.
My final sample for today uses one of the peacock heads and the fancy feathers to create a bird. I have added some sari ribbon as part of his tail. The background was created with ecoline inks, and I have used some texture paste through a Crafter's Workshop mask called mini peacock feathers. I have added some metallic wax to highlight the raised areas. Finally, I embossed some gold feathers over the background.
I hope that my samples have given you a few ideas using these new stamps. I'll be back in a few days with another sample to show you. Thanks for stopping by, xx