Thursday, 11 July 2013
Altered Tag Book
Hi Folks, I have a project for you today showcasing the Fancy Flowers stamp sheet from Chocolate Baroque
I have a huge amount of alterables lurking in my stash, and knew that I wanted to make some tags using these new stamps. So I decided to use a tag book which I covered with patterned papers. I then stamped the edges of the front cover with a flower stamp from the Wisteria Lane stamp sheet. I added a sentiment from the Artistic Affirmations stamp sheet. I stamped the flower head three times onto white card, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured the images with my Copic markers. Once I had worked out the position of the flowers on the tag, I stamped the dotty stems, again, from the Wisteria Lane stamp sheet, onto the background. I then attached the flower heads.
For the tag, I stamped the texture background from the Texture Fragments stamp sheet, using clear embossing powder. I coloured the background using Distress Inks, and then ironed off the clear embossing powder, to create a faux batik effect. I sprinkled the background with water, and dried it with a heat gun. I stamped the flower image twice, using archival ink, masking the first image, before I stamped the second one. I bleached the images, and then coloured them using Inktense pencils and a waterbrush. I added a sentiment from the Artistic Affirmations set to my tag, and a piece of lace that I coloured with Distress re-inkers and water. The swirls around the edge are from one of the flowers that also belong to this stamp sheet.
I die cut a couple of Crealie butterflies, then ran them through an embossing folder, before swiping some black ink over the raised areas. I added some yellow flat-backed pearls to make the bodies. I have added some crinkly green ribbon to the top of the tag for now, but will take it out if I put the tag into my book.
I'll be back in a few days with another sample to show you, thanks for stopping by, xx