Followers

Sunday 18 August 2013

Tangled baubles

Hi folks, here are a couple more Christmas samples for you using the Tangled Baubles Big Background stamp. For my first sample, I created a background using alcohol inks. I dropped alcohol inks onto some water in an old ice cream tub, and then dipped my card into the tub, ensuring the background was completely covered with colour. Once I had dried the background with a heatgun, I stamped the image using archival ink. I stamped part of the image again onto another spare piece of card, also coloured with the alcohol inks, so that I could decoupage one of the baubles. I added some co-ordinating card to mat and layer the image, and stamped a sentiment from the Gothic Angels stamp sheet.I simply added some ribbon to finish.






My second card uses the Tangled Bauble stamp again as my focal point, and this time, I simply stamped the image with black archival ink. I then watercoloured the background using some red paint, adding shading for depth around the baubles. I stamped a sentiment from the Pears and Baubles stamp sheet onto a piece of card, slightly larger than the sentiment itself. I used a permanent pen to draw a design around the outside, and after making sure that it was completely dry, I used the same watercolour paint to colour the border. I used some co-ordinating card to add some matting and layering again.


These simple cards are quite quick to make, and would be great for anyone who loves Zentangle.

.
Thanks for stopping by, xx


4 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

wow loving both these cards - gorgeous.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Judith, they both look so different.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

The effect of the decoupaged bauble with the ribbon bow is delightful & I particularly like the way you edgesd the sentiment with the mauve to tie in with both your matting & the background. The inverted corners of the sentiment provide a lovely contrast to the rounded corners of the image panel itself.
The second card is my favourite though - it's the softness of the watercolouring against the crispness of the white/black stamping & the tangled decoration around the sentiment leaving the sentiment itself boldly contrasting with the white. The matting of red & black is quite striking. I think I'll need to invest in some Archival Inks in the near future too.
Paula (PEP)

craftimamma said...

I love how you have achieved the 3D effect on both these cards but with totally different techniques. As you know zentangle is not a favourite of mine but I get the feeling I am in the minority these days, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...