Followers

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Baby Duck


Hi Folks, I have a Steampunk sample using softer colours to show you today. I wanted to make a congratulations card for a new baby using the paddle duck image from the Steampunk Birds stamp set, and so I chose soft pastel tones to create my card. I created a background using a texture stamp from the Nature Fragments stamp set, which I embossed with white embossing powder. I then covered the card using Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar Distress Inks, before stamping the texture stamp again with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I decoupaged the duck image, using three layers (the base layer is on the card), and I coloured the image with Distress Markers. I added a sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set.



Some green lace and pink safety pins finish the card.Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card for a new baby Judith so cute but fun as well.
Suexxx

Paula (PEP) said...

A lovely original idea & I love the way your safety pin embellishments echo the safety pin on the duck. The green of the paddle & the ring of its neck is echoed beautifully by the lace which adds to the whole soft feel of the pink & yellow. The fragment reminds me of toy building bricks & I like the way the pink & yellow patches' positioning is echoed by the pattern of that fragment.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...