Followers

Thursday 17 July 2014

Are you ready for Christmas yet?


Hi Folks, there are new Christmas stamps launching over at Chocolate Baroque today. It's currently extremely hot, and Christmas is probably the last thing on your mind, however, in the crafting world, we all know that we need to be organised and start making our cards nice and early. I for one, never seem to achieve that, but I am trying to make a start this year.

I have made a simple CAS style card using a corner stamp taken from one of the new stamp plates, Turtle Doves which I have stamped repeatedly to make a wreath on a white card. I practised this on a piece of scrap paper first to get my placement right, and to work out the number of times that I needed to stamp the image. I coloured the berries using a Distress Marker and a waterbrush.

I stamped the turtle doves using Versamark and gold embossing powder, and coloured them using Distress Markers as before. The sentiment comes from a new set of clear Christmas sentiments called Christmas Magic and is a great little set to go alongside your Christmas cards.





I'll be back soon with some more Christmas ideas using these stamps, but for now, thanks for stopping by, xx


5 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Judith, this is stunning. A beautiful card. Well done.

craftimamma said...

Beautiful C&S card buddy, although these are never simple to get right, lol! I think this was my favourite set of the new release today.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Elaine said...

This is lovely Judith. The corners stamp makes a lovely wreath and I love the contrast of the gold embossing. A really great design and well done for getting a Christmas card in the bag in the middle of our heat wave! Elaine xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

This is a super piece of designing Judith - the star-shaped wreath looks magical with the turtle doves nestling amongst the foliage I love the fact that you've placed the wreath slightly to the left to balance the sentiment on the right. The mixture of gold with red & green is a super choice for these very British traditional images.

Paula (PEP)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a stunning card Judith, I love the wreath with the doves and it's nice and flat for posting too.

Sue xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...