Followers

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Wooden Hanging


Hi Folks, I have a project to show you that is showcasing on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog today. The challenge is based around an inspirational photo and a colour swatch. My colours are a slightly muted version of those on the swatch, but nonetheless true to the originals.

I have covered three wooden hearts with some scrapbook paper, and added some yellow ink to the background. I used Dandelion Memento Ink. I sanded the edge of each heart. I stamped each heart using a harlequin stamp from the Harlequin Fragments stamp sheet, using Olive green Archival ink. I stamped the image quite faintly, as I only wanted a hint of the harlequin on the background, so I used second generation stamping.

I stamped a poppy image from the Poppy Meadow stamp set three times onto tissue paper, and coloured this with pencils, before adhering it to the hearts. I then stamped three butterflies from the Briar Rose Butterfly stamp set onto Clearly for Art. I cut these out, painted them green on the reverse, and heated them to mould the shape slightly. I stuck one to each heart. I then tied all of the hearts together with some green and turquoise ribbon.

There is still plenty of time to enter the challenge, and you could win a £15 voucher to spend at Chocolate Baroque. So head over to the blog to find out how to enter.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


3 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

This is lovely Judith what a great idea and it would make a lovely gift too
Jackie x

Aquarius said...

Lovely to see this wall art which is beautiful. Poppies are always popular and these are beautifully coloured.

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you've used the challenge colours in muted form - your ribbon is a wonderful way of enhancing the colours. The harlequin second generation stamping is superbly effective adding a lovely touch of interest to each heart & I keep looking again & again at your coloured poppies - striking with the blue leaves.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...