Followers

Saturday 11 October 2014

Haunted House

Hello everyone, I have a Halloween make for you today, using a combination of old and new stamps from Chocolate Baroque.

I started off by making a crackled background using this technique, with Distress stains and Perfect Pearls. I then stamped and embossed a tree from the Design a Tree multi-buy stamp set and the ruined building from the Things that go Bump stamp set, using archival ink and clear embossing powder. I added a couple of birds and some bats from the Nevermore stamp set and some cobweb edging from the Book of Spells stamp set, all using Speedball black block printing ink. (This ink is great, because it gives great coverage over more difficult surfaces, and is a really deep black. Another bonus, being water soluble, your stamps and brayer clean up really easily!) I painted the windows in the ruin using yellow Speedball ink and a water brush.


I added a little bit of Pumice Stone Distress Ink underneath the tree and the ruin to 'ground' the images. Finally, I matted the background onto a black card blank.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


2 comments:

Elaine said...

That's a really great background and I enjoyed watching the video too. I love the simple black inked images with the addition of just a little colour. Creates a great sense of atmosphere. Have a good day! Elaine xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the background and the wonderful card you've created with it Judith.

Sue xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...