Followers

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Butterfly Dress


Hello everyone, I have been working with one of the new individual cling mounted stamps currently available on the Chocolate Baroque website, Butterfly Dress. The image is full of my favourite things, flowers and butterflies, and I had great fun creating this card.

I stamped the flower edge from the Floral Edges clear stamp set across the bottom of the piece of smooth white card. I needed to stamp the image twice to fill the space. I stamped the image again onto a piece of spare card a couple of times, so that I could colour some extra flowers to decoupage onto the original image. I stamped the Butterfly Dress image above the flower border, and cut a mask of the image and covered it over. I used a cloud stencil and Memento Summer Sky to create clouds across the background, however you could use a frilly edged die cut to achieve a similar effect. I stamped the Butterfly Dress image twice more onto a piece of spare card so that I could decoupage the butterflies.

I coloured all of the images with Inktense pencils, and cut out the extra flowers and butterflies before adding them to the card. Finally, I added a layer of green card to correspond with the grassy green of the lady's skirt and the grass of the border.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

1 comment:

Paula (PEP) said...

A real stunner this one - I particularly like your contrasts with the black & the minimal touch of green which brings out the pinks & oranges (good old colour theory😉). The sky is beautifully effective & your seamless border a real joy to see. Your arrangement of the butterflies adds super flow & movement to the focal image, really a joy to look at.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...