Followers

Monday 28 March 2016

Babushka Gifts

Hello everyone, it's my final post of this month using the Babushka stamp set, and I have so much fun using these cute stamps. I have a couple of gift ideas to share with you today.

My first project is based on a tag card that I made a while back, but I wanted to create a card and gift in one. I cut a couple of tag shapes from kraft card, making one of them a bit longer, and created a gusset to join to the other tag. I scored  along the middle of the area, and also allowed a small area at the end to join to the back tag.

I coloured a smaller piece of watercolour paper, using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, and stamped a small flower from the Spring Bird Daffodil stamp set randomly over the background. I coloured the flowers with Polychromos pencils. I cut the watercolour paper into a tag shape, slightly smaller than the tag card, and cut a circular hole out of the background. I then cut a slightly smaller hole from the kraft tag, to create a border inside the circle on the watercolour paper.

I stamped two of the Babushka dolls onto a spare piece of watercolour paper, and coloured these with pencils, before cutting them out and attaching them to the flowery background. I added a sentiment, and then stuck the back and front tags together at the top with strong double-sided tape. As I did so, I sandwiched the top of the bag of chocolate eggs between the tape.
Here is a side view:
My second gift is a bit of fun; I make these little bracelets all of the time, using coloured shell and jump rings. I stamped some of the medium sized Babushka dolls onto shrink plastic using Stazon Jet Black Ink, and then coloured the reverse of the images using Copic markers. I cut them out and punched holes in the top of each one, before shrinking them with a heat gun. I flattened them while they were still hot with an acrylic stamp block, and then I simply attached them to the bracelet with a jump ring.

I hope that you have enjoyed my projects this month using these lovely little stamps, and that they have provided you with a bit of inspiration. Thanks for stopping by,  xx





2 comments:

Evy Browning said...

The little gift tag box is so eye-catching with the colours of the little floral sprig against the lemony background. Your soft Polychromos colouring is always a delight to observe. I love the way you used the pale blue foil wrapping of the eggs as part of your overall design echoing it with the colouring of your flower blooms & the dolls themselves. As for the bracelet - what a super fun gift, especially for a pre-teen (not to mention the older ones) little girl.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Judith, what fabulous makes, I love your little gift bag/tag, so very clever and your bracelet is way beyond gorgeous. You and the other DT have really demonstrated how versatile these stamps are.
Thanks for the prompt about adding my card to the challenge, daft me thought I had, checked and found that I hadn't, I'm getting seriously muddled these days. Hope you continue to feel better, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...