Followers

Saturday 16 April 2016

Pan Pastel favourites

Hello everyone, I am revisiting a couple of my favourite stamp sets today; Butterfly Dreams and Loving Sentiments.  I have chosen to use a couple of the smaller stamps to create backgrounds, using Pan Pastels to colour my card first, and then stamp the images over the top. This always seems to give a lovely crisp impression.

For my first card, I have used some linen textured card, and shades of green and purple to colour the background, before stamping the leaf image using Versafine Olympia Green and Archival Pum Ink over the top. I coloured a smaller piece of card in the same way, and stamped a sentiment using Olympia Green as before. I added burgundy card as a matting layer for the linen card.

I chose a piece of smooth card to colour with the purple shades of Pan Pastel, and then stamped a butterfly from the stamp set over the top, using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I cut the image out, and added some flower stamens to replace the antennae.

For my second card, I coloured a piece of smooth card with turquoise Pan Pastel, and then stamped another leafy image over the top with Versafine Deep Lagoon Ink. Using Versamark Ink, I stamped the large flourish, and added a dark blue Pan Pastel to the image.

I coloured another smaller piece of card with the turquoise Pan Pastel as before, and stamped a sentiment. I added a few flat-backed gems to finish.
Don't forget to keep visiting the Design Team blog, where my team mates are revisiting their favourite stamps all month. Thanks for stopping by,  xx

2 comments:

Evy Browning said...

This is such an informative post giving the two different ways of using the Pan Pastels to make backgrounds. In the first the way the butterfly nestles into the sentiment panel & its antennae lead the eye to the words is a masterful piece of designing. As always your use of colour with the burgundy matting & the two Versafine inks to match the Pan Pastel shades adds to the impact; your Harlequin arrangement of burgundy on green & green on burgundy draws the eye too. This first is my favourite of your two samples. The second one would be super for a masculine encouragement card & I particularly like your pale matting & the use of the gems to balance the sentiment panel.

cuilliesocks said...

These are so beautiful, I love the colours and the lovely stamps you've used Judith, fabulously designed too, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...